Wednesday, April 17, 2013

50 Cent Opens Up About His Parents

Appearing on "Larry King Now," hip-hop superstar 50 Cent spoke at-length about his parents. The South Jamaica, Queens native opened up about his long-deceased mother, who was murdered.
"I don't think I really dealt with it in the early stages," said 50 Cent. "I lost my mom when I was eight, so I didn't really understand at that point."
"Later, they would consistently say, 'She's not coming back,' and I'm like, 'Yeah she is.' My grandfather would look at me like, 'He doesn't understand,'" he recalled. "Later, you grow and start to understand."
50 has no desire to connect with his long-lost father, however.
"I never knew my father. I never actually met him," 50 said. "Some people have that thing where they want that parent that they haven't had in their lives. I have no interest in it."
"The mistakes I made early on... he could've been here to help me not make those mistakes," he added.

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am