Monday, July 23, 2012

Frank Ocean Reveals Letter's Origins

Frank Ocean spoke at-length about his coming out letter and revealed that it had been written back in December of 2011 to be released alongside his album sleeve. He planned to announce his bisexuality via that method to address any potential speculation that the songs onchannel ORANGE were about men.
"I knew that I was writing in a way that people would ask questions," he said. "I knew that my star was rising, and I knew that if I waited I would always have somebody that I respected be able to encourage me to wait longer, to not say it till who-knows-when."
"People are just afraid of things too much ... Sure, evil exists, extremism exists," he added. "Somebody could commit a hate crime and hurt me. But they could do the same just because I'm black. They could do the same just because I'm American."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am