Friday, June 22, 2012

LL Cool J Recording New Album

LL Cool J is stepping into the technology arena with the My Connect Studio, which gives musicians the opportunity to record music with each other from entirely different locations. LL discussed the 'virtual studio' in a recent press conference and revealed that he's using the technology to record his fourteenth studio album.
"[Producers] e-mail me the track, I'm e-mailing vocals - they don't like something, I'm sending it back. We're going back and forth and doing this dance," he explained. "A lot of music is being created that way right now. What I wanted to do is be able to create music in real-time...you may get with a kid from London, you may get with a kid from Paris simply because you went on the site and visited the lobby and met somebody and went into a session and started creating. So this is the next level of music creation."
“I’m going to be doing a little bit of the album on the [My Connect Studio], make sure that it is official,” he said. “And as a matter of fact I started on my album too. It’s authentic Hip Hop, it’s the business...it’s 2012, so it doesn't sound like it would sound if it were 10 years ago or 20 years ago, but it’s definitely official. It’s a breath of fresh air. It doesn't sound like anything that’s out right now. I think it’s crazy. It’s the business. It’s real.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am