Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kandi Burruss Defends Sex Toys

Kandi Burruss has become as well-known for her line of sex toys as she is for being a famous singer/songwriter and for being one of the "Real Housewives of Atlanta." In a recent interview with fellow Bravo 'Housewife' Bethenny Frenkel on Frenkel's new talk show, Burruss dismissed the sex toy stigma in the Black community.
"Well the crazy thing is I didn’t try to make it a race issue," she said. "I think because I’m black, obviously, I had alot of people come up to me and say “Did you realize you’re the face of black women being more liberated and talking about sex,” and I didn’t realize that until now. In our community, that black community, it is very hush hush to talk about sex. Everything is hush hush, like you can’t talk about that."
"Black men a lot of times are not down with that at all because it’s this whole thing of ‘Black men are supposed to be swinging,’ which a lot of them are not!" she shared. "But they feel like ‘You don’t need that, I’m handling things around here.’ A lot of times men are pretty much guaranteed to get the 'AHHHHH' moment. We don’t always get the 'AHHHHH' moment every single time. So if we don’t get that every single time, why can’t we get a little bit of extra…?"

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am