Friday, June 22, 2012

Iggy Azalea Explains Label Issues

Iggy Azalea's label situation has been confusing for many of her fans and the media. While many thought initially that she was signed to Interscope Records, it was later revealed that she was with T.I.'s Grand Hustle label. Then Tip declared her a 'free agent,' which seemed to further confound everyone. Now, Iggy is taking the time to explain her label issues.
"I'm with Grand Hustle and I can distribute my album through whatever major I'd like to when I'm ready to do that, and I guess that's what Tip meant when he said I'm a free agent," she said. "People misconstrued that and thought it meant that I was not with Grand Hustle. I don't have a distribution deal, so I'm free to sign with whatever major in conjunction with Grand Hustle, which is what was originally going to be happening with me, Grand Hustle and Interscope, and we didn't agree on [a specific deal] but when I'm ready I can."
"We had an agreement [with Interscope], and Tip and Grand Hustle weren't a part of it, and when they came along and we tried to restructure things differently, pieces of the pie get cut up differently and sometimes, people aren't happy with their piece of the pie," she continued. "So it was a little bit of that and it was a little bit of feeling a little bit misunderstood by the type of artist I'd like to be and the type of artist they perhaps had in mind for me."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am