Monday, April 30, 2012

Nicki Minaj Defends Her Singing

Nicki Minaj got very defensive in a recent interview with The Guardian. The interviewer asked Minaj if she had alienated some of her fans with her forays into pop singing, and Nicki's response was swift and direct. The Young Money rapper says that critics haven't really followed her career--if they had, they'd know that she's been singing for years.
"That’s the thing. I really want you to write that. Because it’s the most bullsh-t thing I’ve ever heard – you liked me only when I was doing rap? I never only did rap," she explained. "My first single was called 'Your Love,' and it was a pop song. I did a song called 'Knockout' with Lil Wayne about three years ago. Nobody said anything about that. Why? Because it didn’t become huge like 'Starships.'"
"That’s what irritates me. People always want to talk about who I was, but I’ve always been singing, always been experimenting with pop music," she continued. "So the fact that it got huge one day--should I apologize for that? Should I apologize that 'Starships' and 'Super Bass' did well, and children like them, and middle America can sing along? There’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just broadening my fan base. I think everyone should enjoy music."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am