Friday, March 30, 2012

"Freeway" Ricky Discusses Lost Case

"Freeway" Ricky Ross lost his lawsuit against rapper Rick Ross over the rights to the 'Rick Ross' moniker, and the former drug dealer voiced his frustration with the judge's decision. In an interview with AllHipHop, Freeway Rick shared his thoughts on what went wrong for his case.
“Basically they’re saying [I waited too long], I should have filed a lawsuit five days after I got out of prison,” Freeway Ricky Ross told AllHipHop. “I feel that the law has let me down,” Freeway Rick said. “I feel not only have they let me down, but they’ve let down the black community as a whole."
“You have these people going around portraying us in an image that’s not what we are,” Freeway Ricky Ross continued. “I didn’t sell drugs so I could sit in everybody’s face, drive around in a Rolls-Royce and wear big gold chains. I sold drugs because I was poor, illiterate, didn’t know any better and had no other opportunities.”
Despite his own history, Ricky says he doesn't endorse the lifestyle portrayed by the rapper Rick Ross and those like him.
“They talk about murder and mayhem as if it’s a sport and that’s not what we are about and that’s not what our people are about,” Freeway Rick says.

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am