Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Azealia Banks vs. Iggy Azalea

It looks like Azealia vs. Azalea has finally happened.
Newcomer Azealia Banks blasted fellow newbie Azalea Banks' inclusion on the XXL "Freshman Class" issue cover. Banks posted on Twitter her feelings regarding the blonde Australian and--of course--she wasn't praising Iggy.
“Iggy Azalea on the XXL freshman list is all wrong,” tweeted Banks. “How can you endorse a white woman who called herself a ‘runaway slave master’?”
“Sorry guys. But I’m pro black girl. I’m not anti white girl, but I’m also not here for any1 outside of my culture trying to trivialize very serious aspects of it.”
For her part, Iggy took the high road. “You can’t block my blessings! Today I’m celebrating! Get with it or kick rocks!” she tweeted--without directly addressing Banks. “First female freshman. Ever. Period. Thanks world! I used to stick XXL on my bedroom door, now I’m on the cover. Life is great.”

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am