Friday, December 30, 2011

Mac Miller Links With Pharrell

Mac Miller shared his reaction to the news that his single "Donald Trump" has gone gold. The Pittsburgh indie rapper said that the fact that his single moved 500,000 in sales is an honor and a source of pride, but also admitted that he views the accomplishment as only one on a long road to superstardom.
"It's dope, man - a gold record, that's just an accomplishment," he explained. "I just happy that [the record] was able to go that far, and I'm just looking to build on that and keep growing, and hopefully have more gold records, maybe some platinum ones…it's definitely crazy to see where I was at a year ago and see where I am now, but at the same time, this is what I've dedicated my life to. I wouldn't settle for anything less, [and] I'm not even settling for this now…at the end of the day, this is nothing. I'm just working on building for the next step and to keep growing and take things to the next level."
Mac also shared that he has been working with superproducer Pharrell Williams.
"I did like, two crazy jams with Pharrell," he revealed. "It was dope. He's real good peoples, and I just came in there and we were just vibing. I like making songs from scratch with people. I'm not a big 'send me a beat type guy.' We came up with some real cool sh*t, and we did two joints…he raps on one, and on there other he just did the beat."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am