Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Slim Thug On "Occupy" Movement

Slim Thug admits that he's not the most informed person when it comes to the Occupy movement that's swept across the country, but the Houston rapper still voiced his opinion. Slim says he doesn't believe the movement is going to be effective--despite proclaiming that he doesn't really know what the protest's goals are.
"I Tweeted some stuff about it but I don't really know much about it," Thugga told SOHH. "I don't really get the whole meaning behind it. They're out there saying they don't like banks ripping them off or they don't have no jobs. The protests are real. I definitely think something is wrong. I don't know if what they're doing is effective enough. I've seen the police clearing them out in New York, handling them. I don't know how to picture it. It's definitely something f*cked up about 99 percent of people not getting paid [compared to the 1 percent of wealthy incomers gaining the majority of the concentration]. That's definitely f*cked up, and I support that, but I just don't know if that's the right way [to have their demands met]. They're too peaceful to me, they need to be a little bit more forceful. If you're going to just put some tents out there, then just let the homeless people stay there and you can go home. They can just sleep in front of those buildings."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am