Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Machine Gun Kelly On Meeting DMX


Young rapper Machine Gun Kelly shared his experience working in the studio with veteran rapper DMX. X made a strong impression on MGK, who discussed their time together in a recent interview.
"Yeah, DMX is the realest person I've ever met in my life. He's exactly what he says he is," MGK said about meeting DMX. "Yeah, he actually came in when I was on top of a table rapping one of his songs, so it was like an awkwardly good moment. [What does Drake mean to hip-hop?] It's f*king cool. It's tight. You know, I learned from that. I learn from him when he speaks how he does, when he acts how he does towards other artists. It definitely makes me mature as a young artist, it makes me be like, 'Okay, maybe shunning people is not the route.' Not that I do that, per se, but I definitely do have a lot of competitiveness in my blood, where I'll be like, 'Sh*t, muthaf*cker, I want that number one spot.' But when you see Drake who has the number one spot so willingly give it all, it's cool."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am