Friday, October 28, 2011

Soulja Boy Admits Mistakes

Rapper Soulja Boy was at the center of controversy last month after he made dismissive comments about American soldiers in a freestyle. But the 21-year old says that he doesn't always intentionally try to ruffle feathers--especially when he freestyles.
Soulja Boy says he always tries to make it clear what his true intentions are.
"Words are powerful. When I make mistakes I just try to come back and clarify what I meant," Soulja Boy said in an interview. "I just handle [it] by having [people] around me that's gonna be like, 'Hey Soulja, you know, I don't think you should say that sh*t.' ... Most of the time I go into the studio, if I'm not writing the song before I do the beat, I just freestyle. So that's how I get messed up. If I say something bad on a track, most of the time, it was said non-consciously."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am