Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Remy Ma: A Day In the Life

Incarcerated rapper Remy Ma shared a bit of what her daily life is like while she serves out the remainder of her eight year sentence for criminal possession of a weapon and two counts of assault. The rapper seems to have settled into her current situation.
But then again--what choice does she have?
"At 8-o'clock you have to go to whatever your program is. Like, before I was working at inmate grieving. It's where everybody goes with whatever their problems in the jail is," she told XXL. "But now, from 8am to 11:00am I'm suppose to be mowing lawns and weed whacking and sh*t like that. Between 12:00pm and 12:30pm, they'll probably call the Mess Hall. If it's grilled cheese or pizza I'll have to go to the Mess Hall; other wise, I just sit in my cell and just read or paint my nails or write or do my hair. From 1:00pm to 4:00pm you have a program again. Then after 4:00pm I'm back. Probably make something to eat or whatever. I try to eat before 5:00pm. I have [a] girl [and] we play Scrabble, Monopoly, Backgammon-- every game out. Like, I'm a game master. Like any type of board game--I'm a champion, like I'm trying to get to 700 points. The most I ever had was like 680 something."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am