Friday, October 28, 2011

Bridget Kelly Loves Alicia Keys?

Bridget Kelly garnered a significant amount of attention standing in for Alicia Keys during Jay-Z's performance of "Empire State of Mind" on "Saturday Night Live" last year and during several of the rapper's live performances. But the Roc Nation singer says she's not afraid of being compared to A-Keys--even as she works to establish her own persona.
"I love it. I love the Alicia comparisons. I think she’s brilliant," Kelly says. "There’s no shame in being compared to Alicia. I’m a fan of her work and her movement and what she stands for for women."
The singer also discussed being signed to Jay's Roc Nation imprint.
"I was signed to Roc Nation the same time as J. Cole," she says. "At the time, I was sort of in a different space. I thought I wanted to do very emo rock music, sort of like Alanis Morrisette or Pink. But then I headed out on the BP3 tour and got to really learn the business and all the many many different parts that go into developing and selling an artist and the experience was quite humbling. My very first show as an artist was Madison Square Garden."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am