Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beyonce On Her Gay Fans



Beyonce On Her Gay Fans:
Beyonce gave a shout-out to her gay and lesbian fans in a recent interview. Musical divas throughout history have long inspired adoration from gay audiences, and Beyonce is the latest in a long line of singers like Judy Garland, Barbara Streisand, Cher and Diana Ross and more that have embraced the LGBT community that loves them.
"I remember my friends were telling me when the song “Run the World (Girls)” first came out in the clubs the kids were going crazy, and I thought it was so wonderful and I was so excited to know that the reception was so positive," Bey said. "I’ve always had a connection [with my gay fans]. Most of my audience is actually women and my gay fans, and I’ve seen a lot of the younger boys kind of grow up to my music."
"It’s great when I’m able to do the meet and greets, because I’m able to really connect and have conversations," she says. "People look at some of the artists that I admire – like Diana Ross and Cher – and they identity that glamour with Sasha Fierce, and I’ve been really inspired by the language. I have my (gay) stylists and my makeup artist, and all of their stories and the slang words I always put it in my music. We inspire each other. Like I said, we’re one."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am